How do I reset the desktop suggestions?
If you notice an error with your dotScribe suggestions, you can reset the suggestions window in a few easy ways:
- Press the ESCAPE key twice
- Press the spacebar, enter, or another non-character key (that isn't your execute key)
- Click anywhere outside of the dotScribe suggestion and preview windows
- Turn your dotScribe suggestions off then back on. This can be done through the dotScribe taskbar menu but the fastest way is with the keyboard shortcut CTRL + PERIOD KEY. For more on how to turn dotScribe suggestions off and on, see this article
- Exit and restart the dotScribe desktop app
We hope this article answered your question and helped you learn more about using dotScribe. Visit our help center for more helpful knowledge base articles and start saving time with dotScribe today.
Customize the Placement of the dotScribe Suggestion Window
To change the placement of the dotScribe autocomplete suggestion window, Click the dotScribe icon on your computer toolbar. Click settings. Click the drop-down for Autocomplete Position" Choose either "Top Left", "Top Center", or "Top Right" We hope ...
Turn dotScribe Suggestions Off and On
When working on your computer, there will be times that you will want to quickly turn off dotScribe suggestions. Turning off dotScribe suggestions is also a great way to reset the app if the suggestions are not loading correctly or have started to ...
How to Sync Your Phrases
Each time you run dotScribe on your desktop, it automatically syncs with your Online Library as the "Starting Client" window is displayed. While live sync is planned, it is currently unavailable. If you add a new phrase or edit a phrase in the ...
Open the Desktop dotScribe App
To open the dotScribe app, double-click the dotScribe icon. You can find the dotScribe icon on your toolbar, taskbar, or desktop applications folder. We hope this article answered your question and helped you learn more about using dotScribe. Visit ...
Help! I can't find the right phrase.
When you try to find a phrase in dotScribe's autocomplete suggestion window, if you don't find it immediately, try typing a few more keystrokes (without using the spacebar). This should help you find the appropriate phrase you are looking for. We ...